All card transactions should be electronically read (Swiped, EMV chip Inserted etc).
Numbers displayed on the terminal or receipt should be checked against those embossed on the card being presented for payment.
If your terminal does not display the card number when swiped, please contact Card&Beyond’s Technical Support at 1-800-495-0122 so they can update your terminal with this free fraud protection software.
- ㆍIf a card cannot be electronically read, an imprint must be made of the card.
- ㆍVerify signature on receipt with signature on the back of the card presented.
- ㆍDo not accept a card that appears to be physically altered.
- ㆍNever process transactions from another business through your terminal.
- ㆍDo not accept card numbers over the phone for sales (unless you have been pre-approved by Card&Beyond to do so).
- ㆍKeep accurate records of all transactions.
- ㆍBe cautious of people making out of the ordinary purchases.
If you suspect that a transaction is fraudulent, call your voice authorization center immediately and instruct the operator that you are calling in a CODE 10 authorization.
The operator will walk you through the necessary steps.
There are times when your terminal or our voice operator may instruct you to take or “pick-up” the card from the cardholder.
This request is generally initiated because the card has been reported lost or stolen.
AVOID ANY CONFRONTATION WITH THE CARDHOLDER!!!