Form 1099-K, Payment Card and Third-Party Network Transactions, is an IRS information return used to report certain payment transactions to improve voluntary tax compliance. You should receive Form 1099-K by January 31st if, in the prior calendar year, you received payments
Clover sends you a copy of your Form 1099-K by mail every year. If you want another copy or can’t find the mailed copy, you can download a PDF file for an electronic copy.
Download a copy of your Form 1099-K
- On a web browser, log in to your Clover account.
- Select Account & Setup.
- Under Billing & Statements, select Form 1099-K.
- Select the Form 1099-K you want to download.
Why don’t the sales on my 1099-K match my monthly statements?
- If you have more than one merchant account with the same Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), your 1099-K includes sales from all of the accounts.
- The IRS requires us to report gross sales on the 1099-K. Your monthly statement typically reports both gross and net sales, so please make sure you compare the same amounts.
- The IRS requires us to report sales by the transaction date on the 1099-K, whereas your monthly statement reports sales by settlement date to align with the deposits in your account. However, you can export data by transaction date on Merchant Home to compare it to your 1099-K.
- The 1099-K may not include all card types because the IRS requires us to report only card types that we settle (i.e., deposit into your account). If you get a separate statement from American Express or Discover, those sales may be included on your Clearent statement, but not on your Clearent 1099-K.
Why did I receive multiple Form 1099-K documents?
If you accept various payment card types, you might receive a Form 1099-K from each credit card company.
Card&Beyond matches business information with the IRS to avoid withholding tax that can seriously affect the business.